mini mancha

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by papat, Aug 29, 2011.

1. papat

papat New Member

got my second mini milks like a dream thanks vickie

2. LamanchaLover

LamanchaLover New Member

Congrats!! :D

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Here is her pretty little morning udder. She is a young first freshener and is milking 6 pounds.

[​IMG]

4. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Wow. That's alot of milk for a mini. I borrowed my friend's mini Alpine doeling to show at our county fair. I've fallen in love with her and want to keep her. DH does not want more goats.

5. fmg

fmg New Member

Kathie-

How do you show the mini's at the fair? Our fair has a dairy goat show, it is ADGA sanctioned. I am bringing my full size and nigi kids, but I would love to be able to show mini's there too! I think I've heard of people saying they can be shown under "exhibition" or something like that? Is that what you did?

6. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

WOW .... What a pretty udder !!!!!! How many times a day does she have to be milked to make 6 pounds ??? as I wonder how much she milks at each milking ,as butterfat is heavier ?
    More butterfat make better tastier cheese !

7. smithurmonds

smithurmonds New Member

I'll bet she milks 6 lbs being milked just twice per day. Congrats and very nice!

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

very nice CONGRATS

9. NubianSoaps.com

Yes she is milked twice a day to get that 6 pounds. Her dam is a 3rd generation minimancha, her sire is *B Swede Farm Goodbye to a River ADGA L1411104 owend by Swede Farm. She has excellent length of bone with her cannon bone and ulna the same length, she is a little taller than most folks mini's but she is going to be an excellent foundation doe, miniature, not short because she is cobby. :) Easily hand or machine milked because her cannon bone has that length. V

10. birdiegirl

birdiegirl New Member

I love my mini manchas. None of mine are registered, but they milk very well, so I do not care. Some milk even better than a few of my nubians!

11. NubianSoaps.com

I have been amazed how well all the girls are milking in this extended drought and heat we are in. This doe left as the last of the mini's in my herd, I won't be breeding them until we have enough folks who want ADGA recognition, and with the cost of what they are now saying to add the GG's to our computer (it sounds as if the GG's will pay the IT guys salary for a year) that isn't happening anytime soon for mini's. V