How much IVERMEC wormer do you use on a goat?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by headmup, May 21, 2011.

1. headmup

headmup New Member

I know there are notches on the wormer tube but I am not sure how many notches to use on a goat. I also understand you should not worm all the goats at the same time. Why is this?

2. prairie nights

prairie nights New Member

I guess you are referring to the Ivermect horse tube wormer? Wormers to goats are given by weight, I am no help with the paste because we use injected Ivermectin. You can absolutely worm all your herd at once, this is routintely done for pre breeding management, etc.

3. dragonlair

dragonlair New Member

Unless you are worming the does right after they kid, then it would be at different times. Other than that, I only de-worm when their fecal shows they need it.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You have to figure out the math when doing paste wormers. Zemectrin gold is the only one I use, 1cc per 100 pounds so just squish it into a syringe so you can see the 1cc, the notches don't work on goats. With regular ivermectin it is 1cc per 30 to 50 pounds, but that is of the 1% and to be honest it really is only a wormer used for cool weather condition eating worms, not blood sucking worms, so make sure it even works in your area. Vicki

5. skeeter

skeeter New Member

I use Quest horse wormer at 1cc. per 100lbs. and plain Ivermectin at 3 times the horse dose. So if my goat weighs 160lbs. I give a dose for a 480 lb. pony. Actually I would round up to 500lbs. as my vet says you can go 4 times horse dose without hurting anything.