Decoxx-M

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Oregonian Chick, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

Forgive me if this has been answered before or told. But where on earth do you guys find your Decoxx-M? I did a search for it online and couldn't bring anything up on it at all. I really want to go to using that this year instead of Di-Methox. Also I use a lambar to feed the kids so how would I dose it out using the lambar? I know that it is a daily thing but I am not sure how I can make sure each kid is getting what he/she needs.

How do you gals use it when you have kids on a lambar? Also who is your supplier?

Justine

2. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Hi Justine,
    http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc...ds=powder coccidiosis&cmkw=powder coccidiosis
    Measure out your milk into your lambar bucket... like if you are giving 16 oz per kid per feeding and you have got 5 kids on the bucket, then put about 80 ounces of milk or 5 pop bottles full of milk in there (or close to it ;)) then put 5 teaspoons of Decoxx-M in their morning bucket only. Only give it once a day. (Dosage is 1 teaspoon per baby goat). Stir it up and let them have it. Believe me, each one of them will get enough for it to work. I know the bag directions are not like this, but this is what you give to a baby goat (their fast metabolism and all). I keep it at 1 teaspoon until they are weaned.

3. Oregonian Chick

Chris with my kids I just fill up their lambar and feed all the kids so I don't know exactly how much each is getting :really. Sorry I know this has been a long time since you answered this but I just thought about it. I am also bumping this for someone who asked about deccox-m. But like I said I am not sure how much each kid gets milk wise. I feed ten kids using lambar. I take the first 6 out (6 nipples on the lambar) and let them eat their full then let the other 4 out and let them eat their full. They get more than 16oz each I can tell you that. The ten kids drink about 2 - 2 1/2 gallons of milk each feeding (fed 3 times a day). Sometimes they go down a bit on middle feeding. Ok so I calculated it out and each kid gets about 25oz-30oz per feeding depending on how hungry they are.

Justine

4. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Thanks for bumping this up. I wouldn't think it would matter how much milk each kid gets, the dosage of Deccox-M would be the same. 1 tsp is still 1 tsp regardless if it's in 16 oz of milk or 25 oz of milk. But...since I haven't used this myself someone please confirm?

5. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Your right, 1 tsp is 1 tsp, regardless of how much milk it's in.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I feed cocci meds the morning lambar when everyone is hungry. I back down on the milk for this lambar so everyone drinks aggressively and we run out. The other 3 lambars during the day and the evening, they get as much as they want. Vicki

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Why did I think it was 1/2 teas for starting out babies??

8. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Your right Sondra, I start out at 1/2 tsp also until 8 weeks then move to 1tsp.. but still, 1 tsp is 1 tsp, in a cup or a gallon :)

9. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Yep. Same here. 1/2 teaspoon per kid from day 4-5, then I increase it, as the kids gain weight. They are generally at a tblspoon per kid by the time they are 3 mo. and weaned. Those that go over the 3 mo....are increased, also.
    It's working this year, even with all the rain & mud.
    Kaye

10. Oregonian Chick

Kaye all my kids are 2 months old so how much would you give per kid? I forgot also that tomorrow I am moving the doe kids into their own pen so it will be 5 kids to each pen instead of 10 in one pen which will allow me to better adjust their milk intake with their deccox-m.

Justine

11. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Lamanchas...conservatively should be around 35#'s give or take...1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon per kid. I guess I need to figure this to the exact mg/kg...but, just haven't done it. :blush Fecals from Sunday are really low on cocci on the 2 mo. olds. Temps here are FINALLY up in the 70's so it's time to keep a close eye on the fecals. Yeah & boo.
    Kaye