Dairy Goat Judging Techniques

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by dairygoat, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dairygoat

dairygoat New Member

Harvey Considne in his book Dairy Goat Judging Techniques on page 178 Fig. 125 shows the parts of a dairy buck. Does any body know of a web page where I can copy a similarly image? I want to print it out so as I look at my buck I can learn the parts.

2. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

No- but when you are done with the book sure would be interested in purchasing it! ;)

Camille

3. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats New Member

I am not sure how detailed considine's book is, since I have not had the privilege of seeing it in person, but there are line drawings on the web (I have seen several on 4-h sites) and in the ADGA handbook.

4. dairygoat

dairygoat New Member

You have had better luck then I have. I have been searching the web for days and I have not found any. Would you be so kind as to give me the web address of the ones you have found?

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

goggle.com dairy goat body part photo

6. doublebowgoats

7. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

8. dairygoat

dairygoat New Member

I have already seen this. And what I'm looking for is just like their picture of the Parts of the Dairy Goat (a doe). Except that it shows the Parts of a Dairy Buck.

9. NubianSoaps.com

The google ones show a buck photo and a doe photo with parts.

10. dairygoat

dairygoat New Member

I know I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other one. :) But I can't find any photo with the buck parts. And I have been googleing for days now trying to find this. Where are you finding this on google?

11. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Well, I googled, too, and didn't find any pictures of bucks with the parts labeled. But. The only difference between the buck and the doe is the obvious stuff, so why not just use the doe pic and mentally delete udder and teats and insert scrotum and sheath and such?

12. NubianSoaps.com

http://www.canoelakegoats.com/goat-anatomy-ABGA.jpg

Google dairy goat body parts....click on go. Then click on Images at the very top. The first goat you come to is a doe, click on see more images under her photo, a whole page of images comes up this is the first buck...I didn't have time to see if they had a dairy buck.

13. jdranch

jdranch New Member

thanks for posting links! :)

14. doublebowgoats

I found this in the packet I got when I renewed my adga membership.

[attachment deleted by admin]