You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Dairygoatinfo.com    
Dairy Goat Info Forum > General Category > Chit Chat >

Lethargic wether..what do I do?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #1
ishinkgoatsarenishe

Default Lethargic wether..what do I do?

I have a 6 month old wether that we just got yesterday. He seems to be lethargic, not wanting to get up, and his poop isn't runny but the poop pellets are kind of clumped together....what is wrong with him and what do I do?

Old 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
jdavenport

Liked 88 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Send a message via MSN to jdavenport

Is he eating and drinking water, do you have the same food he had at his old home? What is his temperature? Eyelid color? Body condition score? Fecal egg count? Isolated from the rest of the herd?
16 Nubian milkers, 9 dry yearlings, 3 bucks, find us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8748707899/?bookmark_t=group

Old 11-17-2016, 02:22 AM   #3
ishinkgoatsarenishe

We gave him back to owner since we got a diff wether that's sweeter and more active. We had gotten the 6 m old from a friend so he's ok w it. Aemiss, the 6 m old, was also being picked on by rest of my 5 goats...before we gave him back, he was still eating, not sure about drinking, maybe. And I think all he had was hay which is what we were giving him and he was eating it. I think he may be dehydrated or have worms. At least that's what this one guy said that we bought 2 other wethers from... He did also try to stay away from herd...