Dairy Goat Info Forum > General Category > Dairy Goat Info > Milk Bag large

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
nicamom

Default Milk Bag large

Hi,
My goat is due to kid in mid June. Her bag has been full for about 2 weeks now. She does not appear to be very large in her belly yet, I am still trying to assume by looking at her that she is pregnant. Is this normal to have a milk bag this large at this point? There have been no changes in her environment. I haven't been through this in some years, so I am learning all over again.
In the past I had an older goat who was never bred and went into a 'fase pregnancy' and her bag got big.
I'd appreciate your comments, I really have no other information to add to her circumstances.
Thanks!

Melody Wright
Batesville, Va.
We enjoy a mini farm and have 6 adopted children who help with the chores.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Anita Martin

Liked 48 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Re: Milk Bag large

My two FF this year both uddered up a couple months out. The first one was not big in the belly at all and kidded a single large doeling. Only way I knew she was pregnant was because of her udder. The second one is due June 1 and has a large udder...alas, it's coming in uneven, but it is big.

A couple years ago I had a FF doe come into milk when she was about one year old. She was not bred. Her udder didn't get very big but it did have milk and it was thicker than regular milk. Not drinkable by my standards.

Good luck with your kiddings!