Dairy Goat Info Forum > General Category > Dairy Goat Info > Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Wendy Tinney

Default Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide

Didn't want to steal goatershubby's post so am starting a new one. The post went to talking about food grade hydrogen peroxide. I went to a guys farm the other day to buy some chickens. He was very into treating things naturally. We were talking and he stated that he put food grade hydrogen peroxide in all his animals water. I asked why? He stated that it oxygenated blood, which cuts down on cancer, he doesn't have to worm his goats (which by the way looked healthy), etc. (can't remember all the reasons, plus he had didn't have my Texan draw. So had hard time understanding everything) Please don't think I am not going to worm my goats or am saying for anybody to not worm their goats. Just trying to figure out if anyone has ever heard/benefited from this. He also had enough land and $ to have all these pastures to rotate goats every time it rains. Which I'm sure cuts down on the worms. I really don't need another thing to add to my list of ingredients to feed or chores to do. But if it would be as beneficial as he made it sound, I will add it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, he said that you buy this stuff at health food stores. ie. whole foods

Wendy

Wendy Tinney
Victory Meadows
Breeding for Perfection
www.victorymeadowsnubians.com

Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
laughter777

Default Re: Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide

Where was this guy at??

Sarah
Owned by: 1 mini Lamancha wether from my deceased herd queen, 1 Lamancha doe, 1 Nubian doe, 1 Nigerian Dwarf wether, 2 Nubian bucklings, and their Anatolian Shepherd.
Non Goats: 2 dogs, 3 horses, and 10 chickens. Also take care of a friend's 3 horses, 1 Painted Desert ewe, 4 peacocks, 6 Indian Runner ducks, 3 beef calves, and 1 Longhorn steer

Old 08-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Sondra

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

yep it is good stuff but don't think it is for feeding goats and worm control. I use it all the time for other things. like disinfection and cleaning.

Also a word of caution here. Depending on the strength he uses this stuf will burn the daylights out of you and the goats throat and gut so don't be going and getting some from the health food store and not know what strength you need it diluted to.
the stuf sold in a grocery store or drug store you can drink and won't hurt you. but the strength in the health food stores varies

Sondra Peterson
A2Z Dairy Goats
Nubian/LaMancha/Mini Mancha
Azle, TX
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
www.freewebs.com/mldga

Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Theresa

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't think it is for worm control either. I do know that it will induce vomiting in a dog if you ever need to do that. (ask me how I know )
Theresa

Theresa
Purebred Nubians
Rhome,TX
www.freewebs.com/dixielullaby

Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #5
hamilton40

Send a message via MSN to hamilton40

Here is a website on it. A lot of interesting reading on it. It has amounts to use for everything you can imagine and then some.

http://www.momentum98.com/peroxide.html

Clay

Clay Hamilton
We have 6 Nubians, 1 La Mancha, 1 French Alpine and 2 new mini Alpines. The little boy in the picture is Patch, He is going to be our new Buck for next year. We also raise Pugs, Chickens, Rabbits, Turkey,s and 1 Emu

Old 08-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Wendy Tinney

The guy was over in Spring. I think, he put 3 drops in 1 gallon of water. I'm perfectly happy not adding another chore. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that could really be a help.

Very interesting about the dog. Do I want to know how you know that?

Wendy

Wendy Tinney
Victory Meadows
Breeding for Perfection

Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
Sondra

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

It isn't going to hurt anything at 3 drops per gal and sure won't burn but don't know as it will work on worms. but might help all the more reason for regular fecal checks.

Sondra Peterson
A2Z Dairy Goats
Nubian/LaMancha/Mini Mancha
Azle, TX
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
www.freewebs.com/mldga

Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
stoneyheightsfarm

Sounds a bit like Basic H...? I've heard of folks using it for worms. Or Miracle Mineral Supplement I think that's the same concept...?

Billie Hallman
Stoney Heights Farm
Nubians (again!) in Northern Middle Tennessee
http://stoneyheightsfarm.webs.com/

Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
Wendy Tinney

Wow! Thanks, Clay! I really can't believe it can help in so many different ways. I'm guessing that the hydrogen peroxide is just boosting the goats health in his herd. Better health is keeping their bodies better able to handle the worm load. I like the idea that it cut on the amount of food they eat.

I also wouldn't mind trying to add it to the things we drink.

Thanks again, Wendy

Wendy Tinney
Victory Meadows
Breeding for Perfection

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
laughter777

Do you have an email or website for the guy I be interested in hearing his take on it. I like to look into "natural care" from people that are doing it.

Sarah
Owned by: 1 mini Lamancha wether from my deceased herd queen, 1 Lamancha doe, 1 Nubian doe, 1 Nigerian Dwarf wether, 2 Nubian bucklings, and their Anatolian Shepherd.
Non Goats: 2 dogs, 3 horses, and 10 chickens. Also take care of a friend's 3 horses, 1 Painted Desert ewe, 4 peacocks, 6 Indian Runner ducks, 3 beef calves, and 1 Longhorn steer